Topic: Subscribing to Forums and Threads

2 (edited by Speedbump 2012-07-25 10:03:04)

Re: Subscribing to Forums and Threads

I looked and it's checked.  But I'm still not getting any notifications.  I'll check my email address, maybe I screwed that up.
Nope, that ain't it.

Post's attachments

settings.jpg 48.19 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

In your Profile/Introduction section there are 2 links for checking what forums and threads you are subscribed to are there any on the list?

I have seven subscriptions for Topic, but none for Forum.  I would like to be notified of all posts which in Snitz is Forum.  You get notified of all posts regardless of who does them or what Forum they are in.

They aren't landing in your spam folder or, filter are they?

I'm trying to figure out what is going on, with this....
I hadn't subscribed to anything because I just check for new posts on my own...
But I'm testing this thread now...

I posted in this thread using a test user while I had the thread subscribed, and I received the e-mail notification.
With the topic subscribed but not the post subscribed I did not receive a notification of a new post in the thread.
However, when I created a new thread I did receive notification of a new thread in the topic...

So it appears to be working on this end.
I suspect you are losing the messages in your spam filter.

No, not the spam filter.  I check it every day after doing all my emails.  There is a bunch of stuff in there but not notifications. 

How do you turn on Forum subscriptions?  I couldn't find any way to do so.

By the way, I got notified of this one by email.

You can subscribe to subjects & threads by clicking the subscribe button as in the 1st post of this thread.

Likewise you can stop the notifications by clicking Unsubscribe to stop the notifications if the notifications become bothersome.

In the top right of this Forum, mine says Unsubscribe.  But I didn't get notification of this last post.  The Stay subscribed to this topic is checked also.

Well I'm not sure what is going on.

Me neither, but we will get through it nevertheless!