Topic: Dimensions of Air switch from DCD?

Can anybody give me a hand? I need a bladder type air switch replacement, and it has to fit a specific mount - the bulb has a specific size hole, and three small screws go through the three holes around the perimeter.

The Drain Cables Direct Universal switch "looks" like an exact match. Does anyone have one handy that the could measure for me?

My failed one has a base of 3 3/4", a bladder base diameter of 2 3/4", a height of about 1 1/2",
and the distance between the perimeter holes is 2 7/8".

Re: Dimensions of Air switch from DCD?

Sounds about right!
You could ask them before ordering to be sure...

Re: Dimensions of Air switch from DCD?

Redwood wrote:

Sounds about right!
You could ask them before ordering to be sure...

I did ask. The guy said "I don't have one in my office, and honestly the margin isn't large enough for me to spend time on it."

Re: Dimensions of Air switch from DCD?

Yea, it's the same switch almost everyone uses on their machines. I doubt that there are a whole lot of companies making it.

Are you sure the switch is bad?
On mine when it stops working I usually just trim off an inch or so where the hose connects and I'm back in business.

Re: Dimensions of Air switch from DCD?

It is bad - it has a line all the way around the base where it has weakened and leaks air. I'll eventually take the plunge and buy them with my fingers crossed, but I'm hoping somebody has one handy and can measure that distance between the three holes for me - that's the tricky part since my mount has holes for those at a specific distance, 2 7/8".

I know it's a cheap part, but I need SIX of them for my application (my girlfriend's physical therapy clinic treatment table), so I don't want to spend over $100 on the chance they might not fit.

Redwood wrote:

Yea, it's the same switch almost everyone uses on their machines. I doubt that there are a whole lot of companies making it.

Are you sure the switch is bad?
On mine when it stops working I usually just trim off an inch or so where the hose connects and I'm back in business.

Re: Dimensions of Air switch from DCD?

I've sent an inquiry to friends at Drain Cables Direct and I'd expect they might be getting back to us with the information you need.

Re: Dimensions of Air switch from DCD?

Greatly appreciated!

Re: Dimensions of Air switch from DCD?

Got the word, it's a go. Thanks so much!!

Redwood wrote:

I've sent an inquiry to friends at Drain Cables Direct and I'd expect they might be getting back to us with the information you need.

Re: Dimensions of Air switch from DCD?

ready.to.ride wrote:

Got the word, it's a go. Thanks so much!!

Dean e-mailed me this morning and told me that he had you taken care of.
Glad you are all set!